Rosen Hoover Sykes Brown P.A. provides comprehensive legal services to established community associations throughout the State of Maryland, including condominiums, homeowner associations, master associations and mixed use properties. Firm attorneys and support staff provide a broad range of services to community associations, including the collection of delinquent assessments and other matters including:
- Amendment and restatement of governing documents
- Architectural and land use regulation and enforcement
- Covenant interpretation
- Construction defect negotiation and litigation
- Defense of discrimination claims
- Preparation of Architectural Guidelines and Rules
- Negotiations with local, state, and federal governmental agencies
- Negotiation and closing upon common area repair and restoration loans
- Mold and lead paint remediation projects
- Consultation with repair project engineers, architects and contractors
- FHA and FNMA recertifications
The Firm’s attorneys have represented community association clientele before Federal and State courts, as well as various administrative and governmental agencies. Representation of community associations is guided by the principles of providing practical and reasonable advice while being mindful of the community associations’ limited financial resources.
The Firm also represents community associations in the collection of delinquent association assessments. Its representation includes preparation of lien warning letters, statements of lien, District Court suits, and bankruptcy proceedings and filings.