Business and General Corporate Representation
Rosen Hoover Sykes Brown P.A. provides strategic representation and ongoing advice to businesses in the full spectrum of business, corporate and commercial matters. The Firm’s clients range from small entrepreneurial firms to large businesses with regional or national operations. During the course of representation in connection with any transaction, the Firm’s attorneys help clients achieve their goals and attain the best terms available. Finding creative ways to resolve issues threatening the consummation of a transaction is a hallmark of the Firm’s practice.
The services provided by the Firm’s attorneys are customized to the needs of the individual business, and range from transactional work to litigation matters. Rosen Hoover Sykes Brown P.A. attorneys take a pragmatic approach to solving problems and helping clients plan ahead. The Firm’s attorneys are able to provide practical advice because they have experience and knowledge that goes beyond their traditional legal training.
In meeting clients’ needs in operating their businesses, Rosen Hoover Sykes Brown P.A. provides a full range of legal services including entity formation, organization and structure, preparing operating or shareholder agreements, succession planning, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and partnership transactions. The Firm also helps business clients to minimize their tax liability and provides advice about tax-advantaged business structuring.
Rosen Hoover Sykes Brown P.A. attorneys have extensive experience in the following areas of general corporate practice:
- Assisting clients in the selection of the form of entity most suitable for their business, including the relative advantages and disadvantages of using a proprietorship, general or limited partnership, limited liability company, joint venture, C corporation, or S corporation.
- Organizing profit and non-profit corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, and partnerships, and preparing related organizational documents that deal with management, voting and succession issues.
- Negotiating and drafting buy-sell agreements among corporate shareholders, partners, and LLC members.
- Negotiating and preparing documents relating to mergers, acquisitions and consolidations.
- Negotiating and preparing documents relating to sales of businesses, including both asset and stock acquisitions and sales.
- Negotiating and preparing employment agreements, consulting agreements, service agreements and confidentiality agreements.